Sunday, December 6, 2015

Good News, Bad News

The good news is that my family and friends have rallied together to support a common cause. The bad news is that their common cause is me.

The good news is that my disease was caught early, through routine testing. The bad news is that the disease was there to be found.

The good news is that I'm on the calendar with perhaps the best surgeon *in the world* for this procedure. The bad news is that I need his services.

The good news is that I get a month off of work. The bad news is that I'll need a month off of work to recover.

The good news is that I'm young and healthy; I should have little trouble with the surgery, and side effects are likely to be minimized as a result. The bad news is that I'm young and healthy, and I'd rather the cancer waited another 40 or so years to arrive.

The good news is that the prognosis before surgery is very good, and the goal of treatment is a cure. The bad news is that I have an active imagination that doesn't always work for the forces of good.

The good news is that, with luck, I get to put this behind me as an end-of-2015 thing. The bad news is that this year was going great before I hit this detour.

The good news is that my family and friends have rallied together to support me. I thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment